No matter how safe you feel your neighborhood is, you can’t afford to be naive and not invest in home security because danger actually lurks around every corner. The only way to ensure that your belongings won’t get stolen and that you and your loved ones stay safe is to invest in quality security equipment for your home.
For this to happen, you have to ask for the services and packs offered by a top rated home security company, Protect America being a fine example of excellence in this field. The reason why this security company has managed to not only gain a massive success but maintain it as well is because since 1992, it has offered its services to more than half a million homes, managing to keep them safe from all types of incidents that might have occurred by professionally monitoring them and offering top notch security devices. If you’re interested in asking for the services of this company, you have to know more about the plans that they have set up for customers, this way getting a better idea on how well you will be protected if you go with Protect America.
What places this company among the best security companies out there is the wide range of equipment that it offers when you choose a security packaged from it. To better understand how excellent the services of this company are, read the following lines to learn more about the security equipment that it offers.
Home Automation Equipment
- The featured home automation equipment that the company offers include a top of the line smart door lock, an application module, and a great smartphone app that makes your life easier when it comes to both using the equipment and monitoring everything remotely.
- The Yale Z-Wave door lock that is offered by this company works with the alarm system, being a perfect addition to a modern home. The touchscreen door lock is fully interactive, allowing you to lock and unlock it remotely via the SMART Connect app. The touchscreen control that it features allows you to unlock it by entering a code that only you and your loved ones know. Also, it is able to program up to 250 different user codes, this way all of your friends and family members having their own unique code. Best of all, it allows for the door to be opened in the traditional way, using a key, so even your loved ones who aren’t well accustomed to advanced technologies can enter your home.
- The Z-Wave appliance module that comes with the home automation pack allows wireless control for all small appliances such as the table or floor lamps, enabling you to turn them on or off without getting off of your chair. If you have lights that can be dimmed, you will be able to dim them remotely from the app. Also, you will be able to do all of these actions remotely even if you’re on vacation in a different country. This means that you can make it look like you’re at home when you’re not no matter what your location is.
- Of course, you can’t have a home automation system without relying on a well-built interactive smartphone app that allows you to control the house security system remotely. The SMART Connect app offered by this company is free to download, so you won’t have additional expenses when installing it. But know that it’s included only with the broadband or cellular monitoring options, and not with the landline monitoring service. The app allows you to arm, disarm, and view the status of the security system remotely, to lock and unlock the door no matter where you are, to control the lights from anywhere in the world, and to watch live videos of what the security cameras are recording.
Touchscreen Control Panels
- This company offers two top of the line touchscreen control panels for clients, the Simon XT Touchscreen and the Simon XTi Touchscreen. The XT model will quickly and easily update you on the security status of your home, simplifying home and family protection. The impressive features that it comes with include a one-touch arming and disarming of the security system, an emergency response signal, and voice feedback. The XTi model features an amazing liquid crystal display touchscreen, it connects with the app to ensure an easy remote control of security and home automation features, and it can pair with a wide variety of other security devices.
Keypad Control Panels
- The keypad control panels that this company offers are the Simon XT Control Panel and the Mini Pin Pad. The Simon XT model constantly communicates with other devices and wireless sensors to ensure a complete protection of your home. It comes with a wide variety of features, including one-touch arming, multiple programmable codes, and remote monitoring. When it comes to the Mini Pin Pad model, you can place it anywhere you want in your home to increase safety. What makes it so special is the fact that it sounds off a panic alarm when needed, all that you have to do to activate the alarm being to simultaneously press two buttons.
Door / Window Sensors
- The sensors for door and windows create a magnetic field that sends a signal to the control panel and sounds the alarm when it is broken. Such sensors should be installed for all the doors and windows in your home to ensure complete house security.
- What is great about these sensors is that they don’t come with intricate wires that require you to drill holes or make any changes to your home. All that you have to do is to place them in the right location, and they will immediately start protecting the entry points to your home.
- Of course, these sensors are programmed into the security system. Therefore, you can look at the control panel to see whether any of the doors or windows have been opened whenever you want.
Video Security Cameras
- The company offers a multitude of indoor and outdoor security cameras, allowing you to keep a close eye on everything that is unfolding inside and outside of your home when you’re not around.
- Among the impressive features offered by the company’s security cameras you have crystal clear HD videos, two-way audio, night vision, event notifications, live streaming, and secure streaming. Best of all, they set up in minutes, all that they require being for you to plug them in and install the cameras via the app.
Garage Door Sensor
- Like it or not, the garage is an area that needs to be protected as well in order to ensure a complete security at home. After all, you do have valuables in it such as your car and other items, and in some cases, the garage communicates with the house directly through a door, thus giving burglars a chance to break in if it’s not secured.
- The company is aware of the importance of installing such a security device, this being the reason why it offers this piece of equipment. When the device is installed and armed, the sensor that it features goes into the alarm condition when a break-in occurs, turning the siren on and automatically announcing the central monitoring station about the occurrence.
Glass Break Sensor
- The glass break sensor that the company offers is designed with pattern recognition technology. This enables it to detect the sound of breaking glass within a generous radius of 15 feet. The perfect placement of such a sensor is around windows that are easily accessible and glass doors that might get shattered by those who want to gain a forced entry into your house.
- When you’re sleeping or watching TV, you might not pay attention to every sound in the house. Therefore, you might not even notice the entrance of an intruder. But the addition of the motion detector that Protect America offers ensures that you won’t ever be caught off guard as it detects both movement and heat.
- What makes the motion detector a dream come true for pet owners is the fact that it is specially designed to ignore objects that weigh under 40 pounds. This way, it ensures that false alarms caused by pets won’t occur.
Two Button Panic Alarm
- Another amazing piece of equipment that is worth your attention is the two button panic alarm that allows you to send off a panic alarm in case of an emergency, thus signaling the monitoring station that something has happened.
- It’s a small and portable button that is convenient to carry around and that can arm and disarm the security system within 50 feet of the control panel. With it, you will be able to control the system in the most convenient manner, all without having to get out of your bed.
External Wireless Siren
- A great addition to make in case you have a big home is to add the external wireless siren on each level of the house. What makes this siren so useful is the fact that it mimics the siren sound of the main control panel, serving as an additional alarm notification. It beeps in cadence with the system or it even goes into the alarm mode, ensuring that you will definitely be aware of everything that is unfolding.
Monitored Smoke Detector
- A smoke detector is the perfect addition to a security system, the units offered by the company having the extra benefit of being constantly monitored by professionals who respond in case an emergency is detected. Best of all, the unit doesn’t only detect smoke, but it is able to detect rising temperatures from hot fires as well.
Medical Panic Pendant
- Unfortunately, most of us have loved ones who require extra attention, attention that we can’t constantly offer. This is when the medical panic pendant comes in handy, ensuring that your loved ones who have mobility and safety issues will have the possibility to announce when something happens to them. With the simple touch of a button, they will be able to announce both you and response centers of the occurrence, getting the needed help in time to prevent any unpleasant incidents.
Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Carbon monoxide is a deadly gas that requires the right monitoring equipment to be detected. For your protection, Protect America offers a wireless carbon monoxide detector that provides a warning signal when carbon monoxide is present to both you and the monitoring headquarters. In addition, it doesn’t only sound an alarm to announce you of what’s happening, but it contacts the authorities as well.
- The disaster sensor is a three-in-one sensor that offers protection from hazards such as freezing, fires, and flooding. The sensor will notify you when such emergencies are happening, giving you enough time to save your family from danger, and your home from costly damage. The unit senses temperatures ranging between 0 degrees Fahrenheit and 120 degrees Fahrenheit, sensing extreme conditions and the presence of water as well.
- The driveway sensor offers an early warning when a vehicle enters the driveway, thus ensuring that you will be alerted when intruders make their arrival. Just know that the sensor is an alert only device, not triggering the alarms of the home automation system.
Other Security Accessories
- To strengthen and customize the security of your house, there are other useful accessories that the company offers and that you can enjoy. These security accessories include a keychain remote control, a security sign, and window stickers. With the addition of these items, you will surely be 100% protected from intruders.
There is a good reason why this company is among the most sought after security companies out there, ensuring complete security services to all those who reach out. Best of all, their security plans are perfect for all people, coming at various prices to ensure that everyone can appeal to them. Just know that for each package, there is the option of standard landline monitoring, high-speed broadband monitoring, or cellular monitoring. The last two options might be more convenient to go with, but they do cost extra. Also, know that all the contracts last for 3 years, a period of time after which you have to prolong them in case you want to work with this security company any further.
The Copper package requires you to pay just $19.99 per month in order to benefit from it if you go with the landline monitoring option. For broadband or cellular monitoring, the package costs $41.99 per month. The package includes the Simon XT control panel, 3 door/window sensors, a motion detector, 3 window decals, and a security yard sign.
You can enjoy great services by purchasing the Bronze package for only $35.99 per month if you go with landline monitoring, or $47.99 per month if you go with broadband or cellular monitoring. This package contains the Simon XT control panel, 6 window/door sensors, a motion detector, 3 window decals, and a security yard sign.
For $37.99 per month for the landline option, you can rest assured knowing that your home is protected by enjoying the Silver package that the company offers. The broadband and cellular options both come at the price of $49.99 per month. What this package contains are the Simon XT control panel, 9 door/window sensors, a motion detector, 3 window decals, and a security yard sign.
The Gold package comes at the price of $39.99 per month for the landline monitoring option, and $51.99 in case you want the broadband or cellular options. If you purchase this security plan, you will get a Simon XT control panel, 11 door/window sensors, a motion detector, 3 window decals, and a security yard sign.
The best security plan that they offer, more precisely the Platinum package, can be yours for the price of $42.99 per month if you choose landline, and $54.99 if you choose broadband or cellular. It contains the Simon XT control panel, 14 door/window sensors, a motion detector, 3 window decals, and a security yard sign.